Delicious Keto Pumpkin Soup
A thick, hearty, delicious, spicy pumpkin soup for autumn. Cream-like soup is served at our family's Thanksgiving dinner every year. This soup is smooth and flavorful, The cinnamon croutons are lovely and make the soup reminiscent of pumpkin pie.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves gralic minced
- 2 tbsp zero-calorie brown sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15ounce) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream (Optional)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream, or to taste (Optional)
- cinnamon (Optional)
- nutmeg (Optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic. Saute until onion is beginning to soften, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Stir in sugar substitute, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Pour in chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Blend soup carefully until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Stir in 1 cup heavy cream and adjust salt, if necessary.
- Garnish with a drizzle of heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg.