Easy and Delicious Pumpkin Pie
Made this pie for Thanksgiving…..everyone loved it. It was really easy too. It is a rich pie with just the right amount of spices. All the filling fits perfect and it bakes up to the absolute best pumpkin pie ever!!!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (or ground cloves)
- 15 Ounces pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 12 Ounces evaporated milk
- 1 9-inch pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 9-inch pie crust to use for decoration
- Leaf shaped cookie cutters
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg/cloves, pumpkin, and evaporated milk. Use a hand beater and mix until fully combined.
- Place your pre-made pie crust into a pie plate (if needed) and the pie plate on a baking sheet to prevent spilling. Pour pumpkin filling into the pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes at 425.
- While baking, roll out your pie crust dough and use cookie cutters to cut out leaves. Use a toothpick to draw on the veins of the leaves.
- Remove pie from oven, turn oven down to 350°F.
- Place the leaves on top of the pie, arrange as desired. Use foil to cover the outside edges of the crust so they do not get too brown or burn while baking.
- Return pie to oven, and bake about 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place pie on a cooling rack and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Refrigerate until ready to serve.