Lovely pie and easy to put together! It was runny while hot but set up beautifully as it cooled. It was delicious and a very simple recipe to make. Wonderful pie!
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 4 cups peeled and sliced mango
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small chunks
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9-inch pie pan with half of the pie pastry. Set aside.
- Combine mango, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir until the sugar has dissolved. Transfer mango mixture into the prepared pie pan. Dot the mixture with the butter, then cover with the top crust. Pinch the edges of the top and bottom crusts together to seal. Cut several vents on the top crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the juices are bubbling, about 45 minutes.