Wonderful recipe. Quick and easy to make and it’s so good! Very tasty and moist. Pair a slice with a hot cup of tea and you will have yourself a little piece of heaven.:)
Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, and set aside.
- Combine milk, sour cream or yogurt, lemon juice and zest, and extracts in another bowl or large measuring cup.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add one egg and a quarter of the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Add the other egg, remaining dry ingredients, and milk mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Toss blueberries in 1 tablespoon of flour, just enough to coat. Fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack. Glaze if desired, and then cool completely.