Very delicate,moist and delicious. The batter is extremely thick and a pleasure to work with. The topping is the best part of this recipe. They’re big, beautiful, and tender muffins, loaded with blueberries and crowned with a sweet crunchy topping.
You can also easily double the recipe and keep it in the fridge for several days in a tupperware container and just scoop out enough for two or three every morning. Keep the crumb topping in a separate container, and they come out just as good as if you just mixed them up! No need to let the batter come to room temp either, they just may need a few more minutes in the over.
Delicious Blueberry Muffins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners, or grease them with some non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the muffins, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Place the vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the egg and just enough milk to fill the cup.
- Add this with flour mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Do not over mix!
- Fill muffin cups right to the top and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping, mix together the cup sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon using a fork.
- Sprinkle over muffins, then place muffin pan inside the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.