This recipe is a great way to indulge your chocolate cravings in a healthier. This rich, decadent, creamy and so so easy. Decadent and packed with healthy fats, it’s sure to become your new favorite dessert! Best of all? It’s vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
This chocolate avocado pudding is just as chocolatey and delicious as any other pudding, and it tastes even richer, softer, and even more chocolatey.
Easy Healthy Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Serves: 4 (depending on serving size)
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
- 2 large hass avocados
- ¼ cup raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
- ⅓ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- sweetener to taste: I usually use just a little maple syrup or 5-10 drops of liquid monk fruit or liquid stevia
- fresh mint and/or mint extract
- In the food processor or high speed blender, add the coconut milk and cacao. Blend until smooth, creamy and the cacao is fully mixed in.
- Remove the pits and scoop out the flesh from the avocado and add it to the processor or blender. Add the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides.
- Taste the pudding and adjust the ingredients, as needed for your needs. Add more sweetener, to your taste, if you’d like. If you want a richer deeper chocolate flavor, add more cacao. If you want it a tad thinner, add more coconut milk. Do note, the pudding will thicken up as it cools in the refrigerator.
- Divide evenly among 2 to 4 serving dishes. You can serve immediately or place into the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes, to thicken up a bit more.
- Top with fresh mint and/or mint extract.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.