This Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe has so much flavor! It’s creamy but light with the avocado and so satisfying. This naturally creamy chicken and avocado salad is healthy and contains no mayo or sour cream.
Delicious!! A healthy chicken salad to put on a sandwich without all the mayo and sour cream. This one has great flavor and the onions really add great flavor!
Easy Avocado Chicken Salad
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 30 mins
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ sweet onion, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste (Optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear, 15 to 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Shred chicken breasts.
- Stir chicken, avocado, scallions, celery, onion, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.